Down Payment Assistance Loans
We want to make your homeownership dreams a reality. Ameris Bank partners with other organizations within our communities to offer a variety of down payment assistance programs for customers who qualify.
Support with down payment
Closing cost assistance
Options vary by state
Assistance to support home ownership
This document is not a complete description of all eligibility requirements. Additional program restrictions may apply. Learn more and discuss these down payment assistance programs with your Ameris Bank mortgage banker.
Federal Home Loan Bank Grants & Assistance Programs
- Must be primary residence with forgivable loan options after 5 years
- Homebuyer counseling required
- Grant funds can be used for down payment and closing costs
- Household income limits may apply
USDA Rural Development Loan
- Up to 100% financing of the appraised value of the home for eligible borrowers
- No down payment required
- Restrictions based on income and location
- Loans for first-time homebuyers with limited funds for a down payment
- Up to 100% financing for eligible first-time homebuyers
- No mortgage insurance required
- Borrower must contribute minimum of $500
Conventional 97 Loan
- As little as 3% down payment (all can be gifted)
- Mortgage insurance required
- One-unit primary residence
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR JOB
We're here to help every step of the way.
All loans are subject to credit approval and eligibility requirements may apply.
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.