Health Savings Account
Do you have a high-deductible health plan? Open a Health Savings Account to save away for qualified medical expenses. Illness and injury can strike any family. Use the funds in your HSA to pay for the medical care so you focus on healing.
Potential tax benefits1
Easy access to funds
Just what the doctor ordered
Preparing for health care costs helps reduce stress so you can focus on yourself and your family’s needs.
- Designed for individuals with a high-deductible health plan
- Use funds to cover a wide range of qualified medical expenses
- Contributions may be tax-deductible, and interest earned may be tax-deferred1
- Access funds with a HSA Visa® debit card or checks2
- $100 to open the account (this may be waived if direct deposit is established)
- One-time set-up price of $25
- $7 monthly service fee OR $0 monthly service fee when a minimum daily balance of $1,000 is maintained
Lower your monthly service fee to $5, if assessed, by enrolling in e-statements.
1 Consult a tax advisor. If you close your account before the interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
2ATM Usage: You may use an Ameris Bank debit card at any Ameris Bank ATM free of charge. If you use a non-Ameris bank ATM, you will incur a service charge in additional to an ATM service charge assessed by the owner of the ATM. See your Miscellaneous Services Pricing Guide for details.
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.