Educational Savings Account
Since 1980, the cost of college tuition has risen nearly eight times faster than wages. Even pre-college education has become a major investment. Education savings is clearly more important than ever. The Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) offers a potentially tax-advantaged way to help you and your family manage the costs of education.
- Fund elementary, secondary or college education
- Contribute up to $2,000 a year per beneficiary
- Tax-free withdrawal benefits1
Everything you need to know
There are several important items to keep in mind when thinking about a Coverdell ESA. Your Ameris banker will be sure to discuss all of these, and more, with you:
- Open and make contributions on behalf of a child 18 or younger or a person of any age with special needs (the Beneficiary) for qualified education expenses
- Contributions are subject to limitations and are not tax deductible, but withdrawals can be made tax-free when needed for qualified education expenses; early withdrawal penalties may apply.1
- Annual income may impact eligibility; consult your tax advisor.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR JOB
We're here to help every step of the way.
Ameris Bank does not provide tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor to determine how this information may apply to your situation.
1 Consult a tax advisor
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.