Prevention is a top priority
Prevent check scams
Block unauthorized ACH withdrawals
Benefit from our security measures
Use your ATM/debit card safely
Positive Pay is an automatic way of identifying unauthorized or fraudulent check activity. When one of your business checks is presented for payment, Ameris Bank compares it to a file you send us with details of all outgoing checks. Suspicious checks are flagged and brought to your attention.
- Reduces check fraud risk
- Reduces expenses associated with unauthorized fraudulent transactions
- Ensures fraudulent transactions are rejected before final payment and posting
Cybercriminals also use the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) system to try to steal funds from your accounts. Our Debit Block services monitor your ACH accounts and block unauthorized debits.
- Prevents unauthorized withdrawals from your accounts
- Allows your business to choose to block all incoming ACH debits or all debits that match pre-established instructions given to Ameris Bank
- Avoid the time-consuming and frustrating dispute process
Ameris Bank’s multi-layered defense security system is designed to protect your financial information. We utilize multiple tools and policies to safeguard your information.
- Multiple security layers consisting of authentication, passwords and token access
- Helps to safeguard your financial information
- Allows for varying access based on unique login credentials
Here are some of the ways you can best protect your debit card and safely bank at an ATM.
- Ameris Bank will automatically alert debit card customers of possible fraudulent activity on their account using text messaging, email and interactive voice communications.
- Be careful when using an ATM. Look for machines in well-lighted places and be on the lookout for skimming devices that can steal personal information from your card.
- Keep cards in a safe place and keep your PIN number private.
- Immediately report a missing or stolen debit/ATM card to Ameris Bank.
- Beware of cell phone scams in which callers tell you your debit card has been deactivated and that you have to enter your card number, plus your PIN number, to reactivate it.
- When making purchases on the web, try to use sites you’ve used previously or that are recommended by trusted friends or family.
- Secure websites and pages will indicate they are using encryption technology and a Secure Socket Layer. This is indicated by “https” (letter "s" after the http portion of the URL).
- Never use public computers to make financial transactions or to enter personal information.
- For more tips and information, visit our Debit Card & ATM Safety page.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR JOB
We're here to help every step of the way.
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.