FRAUD PROTECTION. OUR TOP PRIORITY.
|Prevent check scams|
|Block unauthorized ACH withdrawals|
|Benefit from our security measures|
|Use your ATM/debit card safely|
Positive Pay helps you automatically identify unauthorized or fraudulent check activity. When someone presents one of your business checks for payment, Ameris Bank compares it to a file you send us detailing all outgoing checks. We flag suspicious checks and bring them to your attention. Other benefits:
- Reduces check fraud risk
- Reduces expenses associated with unauthorized fraudulent transactions
- Ensures fraudulent transactions are rejected before final payment and posting
Cybercriminals also use the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) system to try to steal funds from your accounts. Our Debit Block services monitor your ACH accounts and block unauthorized debits.
- Prevents unauthorized withdrawals from your accounts
- Allows your business to choose to block all incoming ACH debits or all debits that match pre-established instructions given to Ameris Bank
- Avoid the time-consuming and frustrating dispute process
Ameris Bank’s multi-layered defense security system is designed to protect your financial information. We utilize multiple tools and policies to safeguard your information.
- Gain multiple security layers including authentication, passwords, and token access
- Help safeguard your financial information
- Allow for varying access based on unique login credentials
Here are some of the ways you can best protect your debit card and safely bank at an ATM.
- Ameris Bank will automatically alert debit card customers of possible fraudulent activity on their accounts using text messaging, email, and interactive voice communications.
- Be careful when using an ATM. Look for machines in well-lighted places and be on the lookout for skimming devices that can steal personal information from your card.
- Keep cards in a safe place and keep your PIN private.
- Immediately report a missing or stolen debit/ATM card to Ameris Bank.
- Beware of cell phone scams where callers tell you your debit card has been deactivated and you have to enter your card number and PIN to reactivate it.
- When making purchases on the web, try to use sites you’ve used previously or that are recommended by trusted friends or family.
- Secure websites and pages will indicate they are using encryption technology and a Secure Socket Layer. This is indicated by “https” (letter "s" after the http portion of the URL).
- Never use public computers to make financial transactions or to enter personal information.
- For more tips and information, visit our Debit Card & ATM Safety page.
YOUR SUCCESS. OUR MISSION.
We're here to help every step of the way.
Ameris Bank is a financial institution serving customers across the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Customers can benefit from Ameris Bank products and services through online account opening. Ameris Bank has full-service locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina and mortgage-only locations in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, and Tennessee.