How to Apply
At Ameris Bank, we want to make the application process as convenient as possible. You can choose from a variety of ways to apply.
Simply click on the “Apply Now” button at the top of this page to access the online application. Once the application is submitted, your Mortgage Banker will be in touch with more details regarding your loan.
Give Me a Call
Feel free to give us a call to discuss the application process. Your Mortgage Banker be happy to walk you through the steps and answer any questions you may have.
|Give Me a Visit
Swing by a local branch. You can sit down with your Mortgage Banker to discuss the lending process, and your Mortgage Banker will help you complete the application in-person.
INFORMATION TO KNOW WHEN APPLYING
- Disclosures. Once your application has been completed, you will receive a few disclosures to review, sign and return. One of main importance is the Loan Estimate. For information on how to e-sign your disclosure, check out the After You Apply of this website.
- Loan Estimate. It is a federal law requirement that you receive a Loan Estimate disclosing all of our fees within three days of submitting your loan application. This estimate will fully disclose, in writing, the terms and conditions of the mortgage, including the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) and other charges. You have 10 days to review this document and decide if you wish to accept our offer.
- Additional Documentation. Once you have reviewed, signed and returned all necessary disclosures, including the Loan Estimate, you will be asked to submit any additional documentation necessary to process your loan. For more information, check out the After You Apply of this website.
- Down Payment. A down payment will need to be determined. The amount you will need for a down payment depends on how much you want to pay for the home and how much money you have available. The higher the down payment, the lower the monthly mortgage payments. If your down payment is less than 20%, you will be required to get Private Mortgage Insurance. If you do not have much money available, Ameris Bank offers a variety of down payment assistance loans.
- Closing Costs. At closing, there may be closing costs, which will be outlined on your loan estimate. In many cases, the money needed for the closing can be incorporated into the loan amount, reducing the amount of money a borrower needs to have on hand to purchase the home.