We are excited to announce that Fidelity Bank legally merged with Ameris Bank. But, for now, it is business as usual. At this time, you will not notice any changes. Fidelity Bank will continue to operate normally, as a division of Ameris Bank, until Fidelity Bank operating systems and signage transition to Ameris Bank in November.
Important things to know:
- You are our number one priority. We are making every effort to minimize any impact you may feel. At any time, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Fidelity banker or call 404.248.LION (5466).
- Your access will not be interrupted; continue to bank as you normally do. Continue using your Fidelity Bank branches, checks, debit cards, credit cards, ATMs, online and mobile banking. At this time, your accounts, pricing, terms and conditions remain unchanged.
- Fidelity Bank’s operating systems, accounts, services and signage will transition to Ameris Bank in November 2019. In September, you will receive more information in preparation of this transition. We will also update this website with valuable information and details.
- FDIC insurance for customers with accounts at both Ameris Bank and Fidelity Bank. FDIC Deposit Insurance is $250,000 per depositor per ownership category. However, if you currently hold accounts at both Fidelity Bank and Ameris Bank and the combined total deposits exceed $250,000 per ownership category, you are subject to the special FDIC insurance rule. This rule indicates that because of the transition of the Fidelity Bank branches, deposits will be considered separately insured, as if the two banks are still operating separately, for at least six months and possibly longer for certificates of deposits (CD). For more information about FDIC insurance coverage please contact us or visit fdic.gov/deposit/deposits/
- Our goal is to keep you fully informed and to make the transition to Ameris Bank a smooth one. Ameris Bank and Fidelity Bank will keep all of our customers fully informed well before any changes occur. Please contact a Fidelity Bank representative to ensure that your mailing address, phone number and email address are up to date so we can reach you with valuable communication.
We are here to help
If you have any account inquiries or questions about this transition, please continue to contact your Fidelity Bank representative at 404.248.LION (5466). You may also call the Ameris Bank Customer Care Center at 866.616.6020. Representatives are ready to assist Monday–Friday, 7:00 AM–6:00 PM (ET) and Saturday, 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM (ET).
We’re Listening. Always.
Do you have any questions or concerns about the transition to Ameris Bank? Click here to take our brief survey and share your thoughts. Our goal is to make the transition process as simple as possible.
We appreciate your continued business, and we are thankful for the opportunity to call you our customer. Building a relationship with you is a commitment we take seriously, and we will continue to work hard to maintain your business and your trust. Thank you for banking with Fidelity Bank, now a division of Ameris Bank.