Reporting Suspicious Activity
Always be on alert and aware, because criminals will craft emails appearing to come from Ameris Bank, or may call you posing as an Ameris Bank representative. Ameris Bank representatives will never call, text or email you requesting personal information such as your name, social security number or account number. Criminals will attempt to contact you requesting this information for identity theft purposes.
If you receive a phone call, email or text requesting personal identifiable information, or you are contacted suspiciously, do not provide any information, immediately disconnect or stop contact, and report the suspicious activity to Ameris Bank.
- Fraudulent Email: If you receive an email that appears to be fraudulently sent from Ameris Bank, do not click on any links or reply to it. Immediately forward the email to Ameris Bank at Fraud@amerisbank.com. Then delete the email.
- Suspicious Phone, Text or Email: Contact Ameris Bank at 866.616.6020 or directly message Ameris Bank. Immediately contact Ameris Bank if you believe your personal information has been compromised.File a customer complaint with the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1.
- Report a Lost or Stolen Debit Card:
- Ameris Bank Debit Card call 800.236.2442
- Ameris Bank Credit Card call 877.334.0460, select option 2