Report Identity Theft

Many individuals realize their identity has been stolen by noticing inaccuracies appearing on their monthly bank and/or credit card statements or credit report. If you suspect you may be a victim of identity theft, you should:

  • Immediately contact the police and file a police report. You may need to file a police report specific to identity theft, called an Identity Theft Report.
  • Place an extended fraud alert on your credit report preventing companies from collection debts as a result of identity theft.  Below is a list of the four major credit reporting agencies that can assist in placing a fraud alert on your credit report:
    1. Equifax
    2. Experian
    3. TransUnion
    4. FTC