Once you have signed the Loan Estimate signifying that you have accepted the offer, you will be asked to provide several documents. Use the Borrower’s Checklist to ensure you have all your documentation.
DOWNLOAD YOUR CHECKLIST
To easily check-off your list, download your Borrower’s Checklist to ensure you have all your documentation in line. Some items may or may not apply to you.
To ensure your identity, we will ask for a copy of:
- Your current Driver’s License
- Your Social Security Card
- A Certificate of Resident Alien Status (Green Card), if you are a non-resident
To verify your income, we will ask for the following documents. Some items may or may not apply to you.
- Most recent income documentation for all parties – covering 30 days (Social Security, Retirement, Current Job income, etc.)
- Most recent 2 month bank statements (all pages)
- Most recent 401k, IRA, or other retirement account statements
- Documentation of any other income
- Completed tax returns from the last 2 years (signed)
- W2s from last 2 years (signed)
- If self-employed, year-to-date Profit and Loss statement prepared by accountant and/or corporate/partnership tax returns
- Partnership Agreement
- Copy of bankruptcy proceedings with status and explanation
- Explanation letter for any late payments, judgments, liens, bankruptcy or foreclosure
- Gift letter or explanation of source of funds for closing costs
CURRENT PROPERTY INFORMATION
We will ask for the following information specific to the home you currently own or rent. Some items may or may not apply to you.
- Copy of your homeowner’s insurance and flood policy on all property currently owned
- Copy of your most recent property tax bill and the due date on all property currently owned
- Most recent mortgage statement on all property currently owned
- Closing statements from sale of current property currently owned
- Name and address of current landlord with cancelled rent checks for the past year
PURCHASE PROPERTY INFORMATION
We will ask for the following information specific to the home you are purchasing.
- Copy of fully executed Sales Contract (If construction loan, a copy of plans and specifications)
- Legal description from survey, deed, or title work
VA LOAN INFORMATION
- Copy of your DD214