This Jacksonville Marathon course is USA Track and Field certified (FL10117EBM), flat, fast, and very scenic with 85% shade. There are no steep hills, bridges, or overpasses. The course starts at Bolles School on San Jose Blvd. heads north, then south to Mandarin, does a loop and heads back along the St. Johns River to Bolles. You can qualify for the Boston Marathon at this event. Water & Electrolyte stations are located about every two miles. Gel is provided at the 16 & 19 mile water stations. Clocks and mile markers at every mile. The 1/2 marathon is also certified. The 5K runs the first 5K of the marathon Course and finishes on San Jose in front of The Bolles School.
About this Event
- Boston Marathon Qualifier
- Marathon course has a six hour limit
- Half Marathon course has a 3.5 hour limit
- Certified courses
- Course record is 2:14:33
- Large Medals to all Marathon, Half-Marathon & 5K Finishers
- Prize Money
- Moisture wicking shirts to all entrants
- Mylaps Bib/Tag timing
- Course features lots of shade and pancake flat
- Finish inside Bolles Stadium on track
- Digital clocks at all miles
- Average temperature is 56 degrees
Looking for information about entry fees?
This race is a Jacksonville Grand Prix event and the first Marathon of the series. Runners who finish in the top ten of their age group will receive points to be counted in the overall series. Over $5,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the series.
For more information about the Grand Prix:
A clothes check-in area will be located at the starting line. Make sure that you have your bag clearly marked with your race number. All bags will be available for pickup on the west end of the track behind the finish line and food area.