A trust is like a promise. It's you promising some of your assets to children or grandchildren, other loved ones or worthy organizations and causes. It's also a way of guaranteeing your wealth has a lasting impact.
Take advantage of an array of options
Settle estates more easily
Protect family wealth
Leave a lasting legacy
By creating a trust, you make sure your money makes a difference as time goes on. You can provide for the next generation, support a family member with special needs or contribute to a charity.
- Quicker, more efficient estate settlement
- Options for disability planning
- Useful for individuals whose goals include avoiding probate and maintaining privacy
- Protects inherited family wealth for financially inexperienced family members
- Possible estate tax savings for surviving spouse
- The bank acts as an impartial, professional trustee
- Appropriate when you want to leave someone assets without the burden of management
Testamentary Trust (trust under will)
- A type of trust that is contained in the will
- Takes effect upon death of the grantor
- Often used to distribute life insurance proceeds and other assets
- A trustee manages the financial assets or property until the child reaches the age you specify
- The trustee follows your instructions to act in the beneficiary’s best interests
Generation-Skipping Transfer Trust
- A trust set up for the benefit of grandchildren
- May be used to minimize estate taxes
- May protect assets from creditors, divorce court or bankruptcy
- Created for charitable or philanthropic purposes
- A scholarship fund or foundation can be established to carry on your legacy
- Endowment funds professionally managed to enrich your community
Special Needs Trusts
- Protects beneficiaries who have special needs
- Access to assets for their use without losing eligibility for public assistance or government benefits
Directed Trustee Services
- Ease the burden for you and your family
- Choose a corporate trustee to handle Administrative Trustee Services
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR JOB
We're here to help every step of the way.
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
We do not provide legal or tax advice. Please consult your legal or tax advisor in regards to your own situation. Financial products made available or recommended by Ameris Bank that are not bank deposits are not insured by the FDIC; are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, Ameris Bank; and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.