Shopping for a New Home? Spring Clean Your Home and Your Finances!
Home shopping season has begun. Make sure you are ready by getting both your home and your financial house in order. The quick tips below will ensure you are ready to act quickly when you find your dream house.
For Home Sellers: Time to clean and prep the house.
Buyers do not want to purchase what they cannot see. Overgrown trees and shrubs may overshadow a beautiful front porch. Kitchen and bathroom countertops cluttered for convenience may signal a lack of adequate storage and usability. Maximize the features and possibilities your home has to offer future buyers by cleaning and decluttering your home. Start with:
- Sprucing up exterior landscaping to provide curb appeal
- Cleaning windows and blinds to let natural sunlight accent your home
- Removing excess furniture and accessories to make spaces seem larger
- Pairing down closets to reveal their ample storage capabilities
Another great advantage of the cleaning and decluttering process is that there will be less to pack up when it comes time to move.
For Home Buyers: Time to clean and prep your financial house.
When you do find the home of your dreams make sure you are in the right financial position to purchase that home. Regardless of whether you own your home or are renting your home, consult an Ameris Bank mortgage banker to see what financial options are available to you. Some topics your mortgage banker can review with you include:
- Your credit report: By reviewing your credit report early in the process, you will be able to check and correct any errors or discrepancies that may appear. Your mortgage banker may also be able to provide tips to raise your credit score so that you can qualify for the most advantageous rate available to you.
- How your mortgage fits into your overall debt position: Sometimes putting 20% down may not be the best use of your funds. For borrowers with balances on high interest credit cards, paying off that debt may prove more beneficial than utilizing those funds towards a down payment.
- Mortgage options available: By consulting an Ameris Bank mortgage banker you may discover options for down payment assistance you did not know were available. Have a home to sell? Learn about options to purchase a new home while you are trying to sell your current home.
Let Ameris Bank help you get started this home shopping season. Contact an Ameris Bank mortgage banker today.
Reviewed August 1, 2022
By: Marlene Sheard
Marlene is a mortgage marketing representative for Ameris Bank and previous sales and marketing president for her local Home Builders Association. She enjoys sharing her experiences for the buying, selling, and financing of homes.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.
All loans subject to credit approval.