What You Should Know
Mobile Banking Enrollment Terms and Conditions
END USER TERMS
This service is provided to you by Ameris Bank and powered by a Third Party "Licensor" mobile technology solution. Section A of these End User Terms is a legal agreement between you and Ameris Bank. Section B of these End User Terms is a legal agreement between you and the Licensor.
AMERIS BANK TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. In addition to the Mobile Banking Enrollment Terms and Conditions, Mobile Banking services are also governed by the terms and conditions of the Consumer Online Banking Agreement or the Business Online Banking Agreement. During your enrollment process for Online banking, you agreed to these terms and conditions. To view a copy of the Consumer Online Banking Agreement or the Business Online Banking Agreement, please visit the Notices and Disclosures link at www.amerisbank.com.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Mobile Device and any passwords, user names, and/or other types of security methods (“Access Codes”) you have created for the purpose of accessing Mobile Banking. You are responsible for all transactions you initiate or authorize using Mobile Banking. If you allow any person to register a fingerprint in your Mobile Device or otherwise obtain or use your Mobile Device or Access Codes, you will have authorized that person to access your Accounts, and you agree that you are responsible for any transactions that person initiates or authorizes from your Accounts and will be bound by any agreement that person accepts or acknowledges electronically through Mobile Banking. Notify us at once if the phone number for your Mobile Device is changed or service to your Mobile Device is terminated, or if you believe that your Mobile Device has been lost or destroyed, or if you believe that your Access Codes have been compromised, or that your Mobile Device or any of your Accounts have been accessed or used without your authorization, or if any periodic statement shows a transaction on an Account that you did not make, including any unauthorized transaction made via Mobile Banking by writing or calling to:
- Ameris Bank
Attn: Electronic Banking Dept
PO Box 105075
Atlanta GA, 30348
- Phone: 866.616.6020
- Or, send us a secure message using Online Banking
3. AVAILABILITY OF REMOTE DEPOSIT SERVICES
Remote Deposit services are generally available for your checking, savings, and Money Market deposit accounts at Ameris Bank accessed using Online Banking.
A. Ameris Bank may, at our sole discretion, elect to delay enrollment of this service for accounts recently established or remove accounts from the service.
B. Deposits are subject to daily and monthly maximum amounts which are subject to change. Notification is provided at the time of deposit.
4. USER WARRANTIES AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR DEPOSITS MADE THROUGH MOBILE BANKING
You warrant to Ameris Bank that:
A. You will only transmit eligible items.
B. You will not transmit duplicate items.
C. You will not re-deposit or re-present the original item.
D. All information you provide to Ameris Bank is accurate and true.
E. You will comply with this Agreement and all applicable rules, laws, and regulations.
F. You are not aware of any factor which may impair the collectability of the item.
G. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ameris Bank from any loss for breach of this warranty provision.
5. DISPOSAL OF TRANSMITTED (DEPOSITED) ITEMS
Upon receipt of a confirmation from Ameris Bank that we have accepted an image that you have transmitted, you agree to prominently mark the item as “Electronically Presented”, “VOID”, or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. You agree never to re-present the item. You agree to retain the check for at least 45 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. After 45 days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted. During the time the retained check is available, you agree to properly handle the check and upon request, promptly provide it to Ameris Bank.
6. TEXT BANKING
A. The services are separate and apart from any other charges that may be assessed by your wireless carrier for text messages sent to or received from Ameris Bank. You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data or message services, including without limitation for short message service.
The wireless carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
One text message per query.
Message and data rates may apply.
B. The services are provided by Ameris Bank and not by any other third party. You and Ameris Bank are solely responsible for the content transmitted through the text messages sent to and from Ameris Bank. You must provide source indication in any messages you send (e.g., mobile telephone number, "From" field in text message, etc.).
C. To enroll for Text Banking, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to Ameris Bank Consumer Online Banking. (You will first need to be enrolled for Consumer Online Banking if not already signed up.)
2. Access “Manage Mobile Banking Settings” from the Customer Service tab or the Quick Links menu.
3. The Mobile Banking Center will be presented. Select the link to “Enroll a Mobile Device” and follow the prompts from there to complete your Text Banking enrollment.
D. For help, text "HELP" to 79680. To cancel your plan, text "STOP" to 79680 at any time. In case of questions, please contact our Customer Care Center at 866.616.6020.
E. Supported Carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS and Cricket.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT TERMS FOR THE DOWNLOADABLE APP
To be Agreed to by End User Prior to Use of the Downloadable App
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that a third party provider or licensor to your financial services provider ("Licensor") is the owner of all right, title and interest in and to the downloaded software to be used for access to Mobile Banking services from your financial services provider and the computer programs contained therein in machine readable object code form as well as any accompanying user documentation along with all subsequent copies, updates or versions thereof which are made available to you (if any), regardless of the media or form in which they may exist (collectively the "Software").
- License Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive license to use the Software in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you by this Agreement are hereby reserved by the owner of the Software. Nothing in this license will entitle you to receive hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or updates to the Software. This Agreement may be terminated at any time, for any reason or no reason. Upon termination, you agree to immediately destroy all copies of the Software in your possession or control.
- Restrictions. You shall not: (i) modify, revise or create any derivative works of the Software; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software; (iii) redistribute, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; or (iv) remove or alter any proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Software, including, but not limited to, any trademark, logo or copyright.
- Disclaimer Warranty. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON_INFRINGMENT. NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE FREE FROM DEFECTS OR VIRUSES OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND ANY OTHER MATERIAL OR SERVICES DOWNLOADED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM THEIR USE.
- Limitations of Warranty. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR , THE PROVIDER OF ANY FINANCIAL SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH OR RELATED TO THE SOFTWARE, ANY OF THEIR CONTRACTORS OR PROVIDERS OR ANY OF EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH ANY CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, LIABILITY OF LICENSOR OR ANY OF THE OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE LESSER OF $10.00 OR THE SUM OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THIS LICENSE.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Software is commercial computer software subject to RESTRICTED RIGHTS. In accordance with 48 CFR 12.212 (Computer software) or DFARS 227.7202 (Commercial computer software and commercial computer software documentation), as applicable, the use, duplication, and disclosure of the Software by the United States of America, its agencies or instrumentalities is subject to the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida excluding that body of laws pertaining to conflict of laws. If any provision of this Agreement is determined by a court of law to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain effective and enforceable. All disputes relating to this Agreement are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida and the parties expressly consent to jurisdiction and venue thereof and therein. The parties confirm that this Agreement and all related documentation is and will be in the English language. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly waived and excluded.
- Content and Services. Neither Licensor nor the provider of the wireless network is the provider of any financial services available through or related to the Software, and neither Licensor nor the provider of the wireless network or any contractor of the provider of the financial services available through or related to the Software, is responsible for any of the materials, information, products or services made available to you via the Software.
Standard Terms and Conditions for Use of the Zelle Network®
1. Description of Services
- Ameris Bank (“we” or “our”) has partnered with the Zelle Network (“Zelle”) to enable a convenient way to transfer money between you and others who are enrolled directly with Zelle® or enrolled with another financial institution that partners with Zelle (each, a “User”) using aliases, such as email addresses or mobile phone numbers (the “Service”). We will refer to financial institutions that have partnered with Zelle as “Network Banks.”
- Zelle provides no deposit account or other financial services. Zelle neither transfers nor moves money. You may not establish a financial account with Zelle of any kind. All money will be transmitted by a Network Bank.
- THE SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICE TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR WHOM YOU DO NOT TRUST.
2. Eligibility and User Profile
When you enroll to use the Service or when you permit others to whom you have delegated to act on your behalf to use or access the Service, you agree to these terms and conditions (the “Agreement”). You represent that you have the authority to authorize debits and credits to the enrolled bank account.
You agree that you will not use the Service to send money to anyone to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders (including court-ordered amounts for alimony or child support), fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law, and you agree that you will not use the Service to request money from anyone for any such payments.
The Service is intended for personal use, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Service to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your enrollment if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Service with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service if we believe that you are using the Service for business or commercial purposes, or for any unlawful purpose.
Any terms and conditions of this Agreement may be changed at any time by posting the same to our website at www.amerisbank.com. You agree that the such posting is notice and receipt of the posted changes. Your continued use of the Service after the effective date of such revisions will constitute your acceptance of the changes and the revised Agreement. If you do not agree to the change, you must cancel your access to and use of the Service.
3. Consent to Share Personal Information (Including Account Information)
4. Privacy and Information Security
5. Wireless Operator Data
We or Zelle may use information on file with your wireless operator to further verify your identity and to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized use of the Service. By using the Service, you authorize your wireless operator (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, or any other branded wireless operator) to use your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other subscriber status details, if available, solely to allow verification of your identity and to compare information you have provided to us or to Zelle with your wireless operator account profile information for the duration of our business relationship.
6. Enrolling for the Service
You must provide us with an email address that you regularly use and intend to use regularly (i.e., no disposable email addresses) and a permanent U.S. mobile phone number that you intend to use for an extended period of time (i.e., no “burner” numbers). You may not enroll in the Service with a landline phone number, Google Voice number, or Voice over Internet Protocol.
- Once enrolled, you may:
- authorize a debit of your account to send money to another User either at your initiation or at the request of that User; and
- receive money from another User either at that User’s initiation or at your request, subject to the conditions of the Section below titled “Requesting Money.”
- If at any time while you are enrolled, you do not send or receive money using the Service for a period of 18 consecutive months, we may contact you and/or take other steps to confirm that the U.S. mobile phone number or email address that you enrolled still belongs to you. If we are unable to confirm that you are the owner of the mobile phone number or email address, then you understand that we may cancel your enrollment and you will not be able to send or receive money with the Service until you enroll again.
7. Consent to Emails and Automated Text Messages
By participating as a User, you represent that you are the owner of the email address, mobile phone number, and/or other alias you enrolled, or that you have the delegated legal authority to act on behalf of the owner of such email address, mobile phone number and/or other alias to send or receive money as described in this Agreement. You consent to the receipt of emails or text messages from us, from Zelle, from other Users that are sending you money or requesting money from you, and from other Network Banks or their agents regarding the Services or related transfers between Network Banks and you. You agree that we may, Zelle may or either of our agents may use automatic telephone dialing systems in connection with text messages sent to any mobile phone number you enroll. You further acknowledge and agree:
- You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data, text or other message services, including, without limitation, for short message service. Please check your mobile service agreement for details or applicable fees.
- You will immediately notify us if any email address or mobile phone number you have enrolled is (i) surrendered by you or (ii) changed by you.
- In the case of any messages that you may send through either us or Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf to an email address or mobile phone number, you represent that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of such emails or automated text messages to send such emails or text messages to the recipient. You understand and agree that any emails or text messages that we send or that Zelle sends on your behalf may include your name.
- Your wireless carrier is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver any message sent to or from us or Zelle, including messages that you may send through us or through Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf.
- To cancel text messaging from us, send STOP to 20736. For help or information regarding text messaging, send HELP to 20736 or contact our customer service at 866.616.6020 or CallCenter@AmerisBank.com. You expressly consent to receipt of a text message to confirm your “STOP” request.
8. Receiving Money; Money Transfers by Network Banks
Once a User initiates a transfer of money to your email address or mobile phone number enrolled with the Service, you have no ability to stop the transfer. By using the Service, you agree and authorize us to initiate credit entries to the bank account you have enrolled.
Most transfers of money to you from other Users will occur within minutes. There may be other circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need or Zelle may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person sending the money. We may also delay or block the transfer to prevent fraud or to meet our regulatory obligations. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated through a request for money, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
If you are receiving a payment from a business or government agency, your payment will be delivered in accordance with both this Agreement and the procedures of the business or government agency that is sending you the payment.
9. Sending Money; Debits by Network Banks
You may send money to another User at your initiation or in response to that User’s request for money. You understand that use of this Service by you shall at all times be subject to (i) this Agreement and (ii) your express authorization at the time of the transaction for us to initiate a debit entry to your bank account. You understand that when you send the payment, you will have no ability to stop it. You may only cancel a payment if the person to whom you sent the money has not yet enrolled in the Service. If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, the money is sent directly to their bank account (except as otherwise provided below) and may not be canceled or revoked.
In most cases, when you are sending money to another User, the transfer will occur in minutes; however, there are circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person receiving the money. If you are sending money to someone who has not enrolled as a User with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, they will receive a text or email notification instructing them on how to enroll to receive the money. You understand and acknowledge that a person to whom you are sending money and who is not enrolling as a User may fail to enroll with Zelle, or otherwise ignore the payment notification, and the transfer may not occur.
The money may also be delayed, or the transfer may be blocked to prevent fraud or comply with regulatory requirements. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
We have no control over the actions of other Users, other Network Banks or other financial institutions that could delay or prevent your money from being delivered to the intended User.
Neither we nor Zelle shall have liability to you for any transfers of money, including, without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of us or Zelle, to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Service.
THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHOM YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ZELLE TO SEND MONEY TO PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. ZELLE DOES NOT OFFER A PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE (FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PAID FOR, OR THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVED ARE DAMAGED OR ARE OTHERWISE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED).
11. Send Limits
There are daily limits on the amount of money you can send through Zelle. Your limits may be adjusted from time to-time at the bank’s sole discretion.
12. Requesting Money
You may request money from another User. You understand and acknowledge that Users to whom you send payment requests may reject or ignore your request. Neither we nor Zelle guarantee that you will receive money from other Users by sending a payment request, or that you will receive the amount that you request. Neither we nor Zelle accept responsibility if the other User rejects or ignores your request or sends you an amount that is less than you request. If a User ignores your request, we may decide or Zelle may decide, in our sole discretion, that we will not send a reminder or repeat request to that User.
By accepting this Agreement, you agree that you are not engaging in the business of debt collection by attempting to use the Service to request money for the payment or collection of an overdue or delinquent debt; to request money that is owed to another person; or to collect any amounts that are owed pursuant to a court order. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers agents and Network Banks, including us, from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or arising out of any request for money that you send that is related to overdue or delinquent amounts.
You agree to receive money requests from other Users, and to only send requests for legitimate and lawful purposes. Requests for money are solely between the sender and recipient and are not reviewed or verified by us or by Zelle. Neither we nor Zelle assume responsibility for the accuracy or legality of such requests and do not act as a debt collector on your behalf or on behalf of the sender of a request for money.
We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to terminate your ability to send requests for money in general, or to specific recipients, if we deem such requests to be potentially unlawful, abusive, offensive or unwelcome by the recipient.
13. Transaction Errors
In case of errors or questions about your electronic fund transfers, call us at (866)616-6020 or write to:
Attn: Electronic Banking Dept
PO Box 105075
Atlanta, GA 30348
or use the current information on your most recent account statement.
Notification should be made as soon as possible if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. You must contact Ameris Bank no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which the problem or error appears. You must be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name and account number.
- A description of the error or transaction you are unsure about along with an explanation as to why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- The dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you provide oral notice, you may be required to send in your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days (twenty (20) business days for new accounts) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days (ninety (90) days for new accounts and foreign initiated or Point of Sale transfers) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days (twenty (20) business days for new accounts) for the amount which you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account. The extended time periods for new accounts apply to all electronic fund transfers that occur within the first thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account is made, including those for foreign initiated or Point of Sale transactions.
We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
14. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
If your statement shows transfers you did not make, including those made by card, code, or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was transmitted to you, you may not receive back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days, and therefore, you could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if applicable), if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you given us notice in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) keeps you from giving the notice, we will extend the time periods.
15. Liability for Failure to Complete Transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages as provided by law. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for instance:
- If through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would result in your exceeding the credit limit on your line of credit, if you have one.
- If the electronic terminal was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown before you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood, computer or machine breakdown, or failure or interruption of communications facilities) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
- If we have terminated our Agreement with you.
- If we receive inaccurate or incomplete information needed to complete a transaction.
- In the case of preauthorized transfers, we will not be liable where there is a breakdown of the system which would normally handle the transfer.
- If the funds in the account are subject to legal action preventing a transfer to or from your account.
Zelle for consumer accounts is a free service. In addition, any other fees and charges shown in the Deposit Account Agreement, Truth in Savings Disclosure, or our Miscellaneous Services Pricing Guide may apply, including overdraft charges and withdrawal fees for accounts subject to transaction limitations. Fees are reviewed periodically and are subject to change. You will be notified of any increase in fees at least thirty (30) days prior to the change taking effect.
17. Use of Our On-line Banking Site and/or Mobile App
You agree to access this website and/or mobile app in compliance with our Personal Online Banking Disclosure, which is available at https://www.amerisbank.com/About/Resources/Notices-Disclosures/Personal-Online-Banking-Disclosure, and our Mobile Banking Agreement, which is available at https://www.amerisbank.com/About/Resources/Notices-Disclosures/Mobile-Banking-Agreement, each of which is incorporated into and made part of this Agreement by this reference.
18. Cancellation of the Service
You may terminate your use of Zelle at any time by writing to us at Ameris Bank, Zelle Support, PO Box 105075, Atlanta GA 30348 or by sending us a secure message using our Online Banking Message Center. You must notify us at least ten (10) business days prior to the date on which you wish to have your Service terminated. If you have scheduled payments with a transaction date within this ten (10) business day period, you also must separately cancel those payments. If we have not completed processing of your termination request and you have not otherwise canceled a payment, you will be responsible for payments with transaction dates during the ten (10) business days following our receipt of your written notice of termination. We may terminate your use of the Service, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice. Termination will not affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement for transactions we have processed on your behalf.
19. Right to Terminate Access
You can discontinue this service by calling us at (866)616-6020 or write to:
Attn: Electronic Banking Dept
PO Box 105075
Atlanta, GA 30348
20. Disclaimer of Warranties
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WE NOR ZELLE MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. BOTH WE AND ZELLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED. NEITHER WE NOR ZELLE WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
21. Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR NETWORK BANKS, INCLUDING US, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF (I) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED, EVEN IF ZELLE OR ANY OTHER SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ZELLE’S SERVICE OR WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
IN THOSE STATES WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY, ANY LIABILITY OF ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS OR THE NETWORK BANKS, INCLUDING US, LIABILITY IN THOSE STATES IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Service, and except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Banks, including us, from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, errors, or inability to use the Service, or any violation by you of the terms of this Agreement.
23. Governing Law; Severability
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to conflict of laws and principles.
If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Service is generally available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the exception of outages for maintenance and circumstances beyond our or Zelle’s control. Live customer service generally will be available Monday through Friday, excluding US bank holidays.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Revision Date April 7, 2020