What You Should Know
Additional information on our privacy practices related to Online Banking may be found on our Site and within the Disclosures and Policies section at the footer of our website. Although the additional information is provided as a resource, the terms and conditions of this Policy control, and by using the Sites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy.
HOW WE COLLECT, USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect data which may be considered to be personally identifiable information. Please see the Personal Identifiable Information section below for more information. We also collect non-identifiable data, which is information considered to not reveal specific details related to your identity. Please see the Non-Identifiable Information section below for more information.
What is considered Personal Identifiable information and how is it collected?
Personal identifiable information is information that can be used on its own to identify, locate or contact a single person. This information includes that which you may submit through forms, surveys, applications, or other online fields. The types of information collected may include, but is not limited to: name, address (postal and email), and phone numbers.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use any information collected through this Sites in order to do any of, but not limited to, the following:
- Respond directly to your questions and/or inquiries;
- Provide you updates regarding changes in policies, procedures and/or information regarding your account;
- Deliver marketing communications including, ads, surveys or offers tailored to you;
- Personalize your interaction and experience on the Sites;
- Allow you to apply for products or services you may be interested in, as well as assessing eligibility for those enrollments;
- Allow you access to Ameris Bank financial planning tools and calculators. Information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use.
- Collect data for the purposes of data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Sites, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- Assess risk management, fraud detection and prevention, comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- Allow you to utilize features within our Sites by granting us access to information from your device such as contact lists, or geo-location when you request certain services.
How is Personal Information Shared?
What is Considered to Be Non-Identifiable Information?
Non-identifying Information (“Other Information”) that we collect is considered to be any information other than Personal Information that doesn’t reveal specific details related to your identity. Examples of this type of information includes, but is not limited to: browser type, pages visited, duration of visit, information collected through cookies and any other identifiable information provided by you such as birthdate, and household income.
How Do We Collect and Use Other Information?
Along with our third-party service providers, we may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain details are collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as: device type, screen resolution, operating system and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Your device sends this data back to the Sites whenever you revisit the Sites in order to uniquely identify you and therefore tailor your experience on the Sites. Cookies allow us to provide you with access to certain features of the Sites, improve and tailor your browsing experience, and also to collect information for security purposes. Examples of the type of analytical information we collect would be, but are not limited to: time spent on Sites, pages visited, and browser type. We use this information along with statistical data to ensure the Sites function well and serve your needs. We also utilize cookies for advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information. If you wish us not to collect cookies from your browsers, please refer to individual browsers for their process in removing cookies from your device. Please note that you will need to remove cookies from each device and each browser used to access our Sites.
- Other technologies such as: Pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These technologies may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Sites. Please see our Advertising section below for more information regarding our use of other technologies.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to each device by your Internet Service Provider. We may collect and hold this information in order to identify issues with your profile/account specifically as well as tailor your experience through advertising. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
The Sites may enable the use of third-party widgets to allow you to share content on other websites (i.e. social media channels). These widgets and third-party sites may therefore have the ability to access some information about your user behavior. For complete details regarding the types of information they are able to collect and how they use it, you should visit the individual third-party sites.
Ameris Bank collects non-identifying information such as page visits, keywords used to find the Sites, pages viewed within our Sites and geography of those visiting our Sites. This information is used to create informed advertising and marketing strategies based on the general preferences, user behavior, and other user attributes. We may also use this information to determine the effectiveness of the above-mentioned strategies. Advertising types may include:
- Relationship-based Advertising
We may use general information about your relationship with Ameris Bank to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you. Examples of this information could be, but are not limited to: the state in which you bank and the types of accounts you currently have with Ameris Bank.
- Online Behavioral Advertising
We may use certain information about your user behavior on our Sites, such as search key words entered to help choose which of our advertisements may be of most interest to you. We may also use this information for the purposes of offline marketing and advertising.
- Advertising on Third-Party Sites and Mobile Applications
Ameris Bank contracts with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on Sites and mobile applications (apps) not affiliated with us. We may share some of the information provided by you to these Third Parties in order to tailor the ads being served to you. Third Party Sites and mobile apps are not subject to Ameris Bank Privacy Policies. If you have additional questions regarding these Third Party Sites and apps, please refer to the privacy policies and opt-out policies associated with those Sites.
- Online Behavioral Advertising on Third-Party Sites and Mobile Applications
Some of our tailored ads are online behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected by third party providers. Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted Personal Information and we limit the use of information by companies that serve our ads. To learn more about this practice and your choices in connection with it, see the section Advertising Preferences below:
Online Behavioral Advertising
If you prefer we not use information based on online Sites behavior to provide online and offline tailored content and advertising, you may opt out of online behavioral advertising. Please note that if you opt out of this advertising, you may still receive untailored advertising from Ameris Bank. Information that you provide may still be used by team members in order to provide you with details on products and services in accordance with account agreements.
If you prefer we not deliver you marketing offers via email, you may opt out of these solicitations by clicking on the “Opt Out” button at the bottom of an Ameris Bank email. If you prefer not to receive solicitations via postal mail, you may opt out through speaking with an Ameris Bank representative, by calling our Customer Care Center at 866.616.6020. Linking to Third-Party Sites We may provide links to third party sites. If you follow links to sites not controlled by Ameris Bank, you should review and understand those individual privacy policies and terms and conditions of using those sites as they may differ from Ameris Bank. We do not guarantee or accept responsibility for the privacy or security of these external sites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).