A tradition of courage
From our beginnings in 1971, we have always stood for strength and courage; pride and fierce determination. These characteristics hold true today, as we continue to grow and expand beyond our southern Georgia roots.
- Over $16 billion in assets
- A vast network of full-service banking and mortgage locations across the Southeast
- Over 26 years of asset growth
- Increase tangible common equity every year for the past 26 years
- Parent company, Ameris Bancorp, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ, under ABCB
- In 2018, Ameris Bank financed over $2.7 billion in businesses, over $125 million in personal financing needs, and over $6 billion in home loans.
Ameris Bank opened its doors as American Banking company on October 1, 1971. What started as one location, with $1 million in capital in Moultrie, Georgia, has now evolved into a publicly traded bank that combines innovative products with a determination to get things done for customers across the Southeast.
Our founding father, Eugene M. Vereen, Jr., envisioned a bank for the future. He and other board members set out to create a collective mindset that doesn't rely on tired banking norms or conventional wisdom. Rather, they set the foundation for a bank that looks beyond tradition to get things done. A half-century later, Ameris Bank leaders and employees continue to build on this legacy by providing advanced products and services led by an industrious spirit — all with the purpose of improving the lives of our customers and enriching our communities.
Ameris Bank is a full-service financial institution serving customers in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, with locations in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.